Wednesday, May 2, 2012

New sofa covers,Sachin Tendulkar, Rekha nominated to Rajya Sabha

Just peek in my  living room with green sofa covers

I wanted to share the current state of our living room -  some of my friends who regularly visit my home know that I frequently change the mood of my sofas, I move my furniture around ALL the time!! BUT - get ready now... I am very happy to announce that I finally LOVE the layout of the furniture in my house! I must admit it's in large part due to my mom helping me for the work in my entire house  and me getting my move  of   furniture  here and there -thanks mom!


terracotta vase matches the cushions and the flower wall hanging matches with sofa cover .love them!


So, I'll start with our living room. I first need to show y'all my current wrapped-up sofa - a new (used) sofa!!! OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHOO!! I couldn't believe it when I got the fabric from the Khaddar shop. It wasn't super cheap - bought it for rs1000 BUT it's exactly what I've wanted my current sofa to be - an eight seater, and 3 appliquéd pillows on the back so I can switch small accent pillows as I wish. My current awful sofa has 3 seat cushions and 3 pillows on the back. TOO MANY PILLOWS!!!






My big sexy entertainment unit on the opposite wall from the new wrapped sofa..can you see my kitchen wall through the entertainment unit I custom made it with all the back with iron mesh for cross ventilation and I can see the front door through this mesh while cooking in the kitchen .!How sweet isn’t it!!!!




My antique Sitar  Everyone hates but me! They didn’t like to listen ragas especially RAAG Asavari when I play with it !


can you see the folded linen under the table


In the above pic a beautiful up cycled vase with artificial flowers is placed on the table. The beautiful up cycled sac/burlap twine wrapped on cable wire is coiled into a beautiful pitcher shape vase my  mom made it. Thank you momma! This cane stool with white paint is from 60's,  and I have a glass vase which is placed on the niche is from 50’s  - it was  in my bedroom in high school but filled with lots of wheat stalks in it! You can see from this picture I still need a rug to ground the room. I'm planning on getting a chunky Munja maybe with a hint of grey in it over tan. And everything in the room except the cane stool is square or rectangle. Eventually a new coffee table or round side table will be nice. 


 The Hot news on today's paper

New members of Rajya Sabha Sachin Tendulkar, Rekha nominated to Rajya Sabha let see what will be the reactions of the rivels!!!!!!!


XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment