Friday, April 26, 2013

Work in progress.......In Public, Hook trends in different countries


Work in progress.......In Public

I am with my mom during her treatment in ICU..I’m busy making pineapple square at the moment. This stuff is for my mom, the stuff of love, the stuff of sympathy, stuff that’s new. But for now, just to keep you intrigued, here’s some proofs

Mom in Hospital

 Hook trends in different countries


Describing the hooks is not same in UK and Us . UK hooks are measured in millilmetres (mm) while US hooks are usually assigned a letter.   The hooks themselves aren't different, just the naming conventions.

There are plenty of online sources to help you work out what size hook you need, but I most often visit Wikipedia's page here. The chart below is taken from their page (I've removed the section about knitting needles). Red is UK/AUS/NZ, blue is US.

Millimeter range         Crochet hook size(letter)          Crochet hook size(numeric)
2.25 mm
B1
2.75 mm
C2
3.25 mm
D3
3.5 mm
E4
3.75 mm
F5
4 mm
G6
4.5 mm
7
5 mm
H8
5.5 mm
I9
6 mm
J10
6.5 mm
K10.5
8 mm
L11
9 mm
M/N13
10 mm
N/P15
12.75 mm
15 mm
P/Q
16 mm
Q
19 mm
S
25 mm


found this information from  HERE'..............


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment