Monday, September 23, 2013

My ripple bolster,Child prodigy, my doilies

For my ripple bolsters I completed the rectangular body of the bolster. Once I crocheted enough length  to wrap around the bolster cushion I realized I would need to fill in the edge gaps as they were in zigzag manner from starting point and at the end 
then I realized that combining and attaching the two sides will produce the leveled surface and the bolster tube. 
 I decided the only thing that would suffice was ...... to join the ends with slip stitch!  And I did it!
It took me four attempts set the zig-zag sides right, as the  starting points were  worked in up and down stream, likewise my joining slip stitch worked up and down, but I got there in the end.






For the ends I just made a round using some of the colours I used for the body part now the sewing part is left for the project to complete.

 The child 


child prodigy



Hats off to his grandda and other family members .......click  Here  tobe  acquaint with his story 


crochet doilies 


Doilies is the international term for this elaborate crochet art. The variety of designs created by crocheting one round over the other is really huge and themes like geometric, floral and pineapple crocheting (Pineapples Doilies). the doilies here in rural Haryna is thaal pros

Hi my friends and companions on the journey of creative reproduction of our national heritage. I know you always want to get ideas and see crochet designs to crochet  your own items. Today I have selected for you, from my drawers, a few round towels, say the thaalpros or doilies, each with their own style, as I will explain below. 

 In Haryana food is served on ground in sitting position, no tables or dining tables ,round doilies are being used to cover food plates during offring eatables to neighbours, friends or priests etc.
Return to the classic crochet and for today I'll show you a pretty big  thaal pros/doily, in classic colour.
 Its hexagon in shape and big enough for center of the dining table
 If you are thinking of taking advantage of what your grandmothers and grandmothers inherited today, a great idea is to  use them for table coasters as  did. You can fry them. Do you have another idea?
   usually a round towel/coaster/doily is  designed to shield the housewife's silver trays from various treats to her guests: Hot tea with cool water, cold drinks   and of course the sweetness of each spoonful of fruit juics. Then came bring to  the living room and for changed position, to serve as shield for plant on table, under the  flower vase and so on.....


Its color is ivory-beige, the other choice is white, in Boroque yarn. How would you prefer it?



With Bopoque cotton lace and crochet thread No. 20 9-1.15 mm after blocking *  measures 42 cm (16.5 inches) on the dense top.


    This one is  crocheted by me made while traveling in the bus without any pattern  i think it will take me lots of time to pen down this pattern.. 
it measures 18 cm (7.5 inches)

any how i will not repeat this pattern again..right!XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment